Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jatin Davey <ja...@cisco.com> on 2009/09/28 11:14:24 UTC

Load Testing the MySql Database

Hi All

I want to load test my MySql Database. I was reading the JMeter user
manual on how to do this and found the following page on it:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-db-test-plan.html

In the first few lines i found , " This example uses the MySQL database
driver. To use this driver, its containing .jar file must be copied to
the JMeter *lib * directory".

I dont know what database driver to pick to that JMeter could contact my
Database. I was having the MySql Query tool in my PC Which query's the
MySql DB for the constructed queries. I assume this tool also needs the
"MySQL database driver" , so i searched for the driver in its lib
directory and found the following:

mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar

I am not sure whether this is the same driver that needs to be used with
JMeter to connect it to my MySql Database.
Please let me know if i could make use of this driver or i need anything
else to load my DB.

Thanks
Jatin

Re: Load Testing the MySql Database

Posted by Jakub Białek <ra...@gmail.com>.
Currently I have no idea what it doesn't work. If you want send my
your test plan and I'll look at it and maybe then I'll find the
solution.

BTW. You should try the newest version of connector for MySQL 5.0.x
which is 5.0.8

Best regards,
Jakub

Posted by Jatin Davey <ja...@cisco.com>.
Hi

I have nailed down the issue , the issue was with the MySql Connector
version 5.0.4 , I tried with the latest version in 5.0 which is 5.0.8
and it worked fine.

Thanks to Sebb and Jakub.

Thanks
Jatin

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jatin Davey <ja...@cisco.com>.
Hi

The Following Jar : mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar  is definitely
placed in the following directory: C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3.4\lib

All that i have in PC is JRE 1.6 so i am sure JMeter is using it. But

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jatin Davey <ja...@cisco.com>.
Hi

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.