Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Gregory F. March" <ma...@gfm.net> on 2003/07/11 18:01:07 UTC

Struts, search, and approval...

First a quick note.  It seems that searching of the struts list archive
is not working.  A search for "forward" in the body is returning zero
results.  I think there should be just a few hits for that one. :-)

Next, I have developed a POC for a product I'm working on.  However,
struts is not currently an "approved" tool where I work.  I am looking
for statements by big companies / organizations like (especially) Sun,
Weblogic, IBM, etc. that are endorsing this tool.

I am also looking for a "Top 10" list of reason why we should approve it
as a viable tool irrespective of what other companies think.  I think
this was mentioned here a few weeks ago (which is why I mentioned the
issue with searching above), so I'll apologize up front for starting
this thread again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

/greg

--
Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet

Re: Struts, search, and approval...

Posted by Tin Pham <tt...@learn.senecac.on.ca>.
My experience with IBM consultants is that they will recommend and help you
with developing in Struts, but not directly support Struts.

I was told in an IBM WSAD training course that WSAD 5 makes heavy use of
struts built into the tool itself for such things as the Universal Test
Client and it's pages.

Good luck.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@fnf.com>.
Sun's Blueprints book makes mention of Struts when talking about MVC
Frameworks.  It's about as close to an endorsement as you can get.

Greg

Gregory F. March wrote:
> First a quick note.  It seems that searching of the struts list archive
> is not working.  A search for "forward" in the body is returning zero
> results.  I think there should be just a few hits for that one. :-)
>
> Next, I have developed a POC for a product I'm working on.  However,
> struts is not currently an "approved" tool where I work.  I am looking
> for statements by big companies / organizations like (especially) Sun,
> Weblogic, IBM, etc. that are endorsing this tool.
>
> I am also looking for a "Top 10" list of reason why we should approve it
> as a viable tool irrespective of what other companies think.  I think
> this was mentioned here a few weeks ago (which is why I mentioned the
> issue with searching above), so I'll apologize up front for starting
> this thread again.

> /greg
>
> --
> Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-
> AIM:GfmNet

> DISCLAIMER:
> may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
> review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
> all copies of the original message and attachments.

DISCLAIMER:
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.