Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ravi Kiran <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/11 18:15:06 UTC

Multiple Solr instances common core possible ?

Hello,
        Is it possible to deploy multiple solr instances with different
context roots pointing to the same solr core ? If I do this will there be
any deadlocks or file handle issues ? The reason I need this setup is
because I want to expose solr to an third party vendor via a different
context root. My solr instance is deployed on Glassfish. Alternately, if
there is a configurable way to setup multiple context roots for the same
solr instance that will suffice at this point of time.

Ravi Kiran

Re: Multiple Solr instances common core possible ?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
That's correct.  Only 1 instance should be writing.  You should be able to point
multiple Solr read-only instances to the same physical read-only index.  I don't
recall trying this recently, though.

Otis
----