Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jesse Pelton <js...@PKC.com> on 2002/07/26 20:18:21 UTC

RE: What's the difference between Java-lick DOM and new DOM in Xe rces 2.0?

The new DOM does not allow sharing a document between threads and implements
its own memory management. Losing the reference-counting and contention
management code vastly improved its efficiency. I have a Web app that
constructs XHTML documents using the Xerces DOM, and we saw a 4X increase in
throughput with the new DOM. Your mileage may vary.

The new DOM may be somewhat less stable, since it has seen less use. It
works like a champ for our purposes.