Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/17 18:13:09 UTC

Community opinion regarding Apache events banner in CloudStack's website

Hello folks,
I am trying to work out something to put Apache events banner on our
website. So far I came up with two proposals. Which one of them do you guys
prefer?

First one:

Second:

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Community opinion regarding Apache events banner in CloudStack's website

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
BTW: I create the PR to execute the update.
It would be great if you guys can take a look at it and give your final
approval.

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-www/pull/44

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 4:19 PM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
That is great.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
+1 for Option 3

Ron

Posted by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>.
I like option 3 the best.

        --
        Rafael Weingärtner

    Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com
    www.shapeblue.com
    @shapeblue

Re: Community opinion regarding Apache events banner in CloudStack's website

Posted by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>.
I like option 3 the best.

        --
        Rafael Weingärtner

    Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com
    www.shapeblue.com
    @shapeblue

Re: Community opinion regarding Apache events banner in CloudStack's website

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.

    --
    Rafael Weingärtner

Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: Community opinion regarding Apache events banner in CloudStack's website

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.

    --
    Rafael Weingärtner

Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: Community opinion regarding Apache events banner in CloudStack's website

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
3rd +1

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Posted by Stephan Seitz <s....@heinlein-support.de>.

Posted by "Swen - swen.io" <me...@swen.io>.
+1 for 3rd option

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Done. Site updated.

If we feel that it requires changes, we can do so later.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 9:48 AM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Done. Site updated.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Posted by yachita <ya...@mubit.co.jp>.

Posted by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>.
My vote is for 3.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Posted by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>.
My vote is for 3.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
I vote 4

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Mauricio Schäpers <m....@vsqloud.de>.
+1 for the third proposal and as Nitin says reducing the blank spot a bit

Posted by Nitin Maharana <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Maharana <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.

    --
    Rafael Weingärtner

Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: Community opinion regarding Apache events banner in CloudStack's website

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.

    --
    Rafael Weingärtner

Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

RE: Community opinion regarding Apache events banner in CloudStack's website

Posted by Grégoire Lamodière <g....@dimsi.fr>.
Hi Rafael,

The second one is very well integrated inside the page, but I think Dag is right, the third option will be more readable / clickable for all visitors.

Grégoire

---
Grégoire Lamodière
T/ + 33 6 76 27 03 31
F/ + 33 1 75 43 89 71

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
Got it. Agree that it is a better idea to keep the top menu for "support
Apache icon".
Attached is an example of the second option as I imagined.

Posted by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.