Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by fatefree <fa...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/29 23:57:53 UTC

Using wicket to create html (in replace of velocity templates)

I was working on a velocity template and came into some internationalization
problems, when I realized it would be great if I could just use wicket to do
this. After all, its practically doing the same thing, merging some model
object into an html output.

Ideally i'd love to use stateless page classes, and using the traditional
html with all of wickets localization support, and call up some method that
returns the html output of the rendered page. I was told to look into the
WicketTester as it seems to do what I am looking for, however I was unable
to instantiate it within my own running application (and I imagine it wasn't
meant to be used that way to begin with).

Is there any way I can hook into the render process and get the rendered
html for a page? Is anyone else interested in this idea or maybe tried
something similar?

Re: Using wicket to create html (in replace of velocity templates)

Posted by Scott Swank <sc...@gmail.com>.
Have you seen:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/FAQs#FAQs-HowcanIrendermytemplatestoaString%3F

Scott