Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Tencé, Vincent" <vt...@optimuminformatique.com> on 2005/02/21 20:57:01 UTC

[authX] Let's not break Gump this time

Brett,

I am working on adding support for authorization rules from groovy scripts.
Before I break gump - let's give the gump a break! - what changes do I need
to make to the descriptor if I add the following dependencies to
authx-script:

        <!-- Groovy -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>groovy</groupId>
            <artifactId>groovy</artifactId>
            <version>1.0-beta-8</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>asm</groupId>
            <artifactId>asm</artifactId>
            <version>1.5.2</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>asm</groupId>
            <artifactId>asm-util</artifactId>
            <version>1.5.2</version>
        </dependency>

Thanks,
- Vincent

Re: [authX] Let's not break Gump this time

Posted by Vincent Tence <vt...@videotron.ca>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> Just a sanity check - this is a submodule of authx with these
> dependencies? You're not introducing groovy as a dependency on the
> library in general?

It's a dependency on a subproject.

> Anyway, this isn't smooth because gump has its own set of ids and they
> don't match what Maven has been using.
>
> groovy is ok - you can leave it as is.
> asm I think needs some tweaking maven properties - if you look at other
> uses of asm you'll see them (gump.project and gump.id)
>
> Then, just run maven gump:multiproject and move gump.xml to the
> project/directory-authx.xml in your gump cvs checkout. Do a diff and
> check that the changes are sane, because sometimes gumpers jump in and
> fix things directly in the descriptors you may not want to reverse.
>
> Oh, you'll need the latest gump plugin - more info here:
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/gump/
>
> I know this sounds tedious - but hand editing and tracking dependencies
> is the same for any project under gump.

I realized you already did the job for the authx-example subproject,
which is also depending on groovy. I will copy what's been done.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

[...]

Brett