Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Jim (Jiemin) Jin" <Ji...@cn.nextlabs.com> on 2012/08/27 10:49:29 UTC

why the max response time keep increasing with threads growing?

I am using JMeter to run scalability case. Following is the data I get. I set the Ramp Up time to 1.
I used the threads/users numbers as Threads  column.

Transactions

Time

Throughput

Avg

Min

Max

Error

Threads

17

2.1s

8.0/s

123

14

334

0

1

85

4.7s

18.0/s

203

16

896

0

5

170

8.9s

19.2/s

385

15

1769

0

10

340

17.2s

19.7/s

699

13

3706

0

20

510

25.4s

20.1/s

1071

22

6026

0

30

680

32.9s

20.7/s

1370

68

7468

0

40

850

41.6s

20.4/s

1736

44

11200

0

50

1020

50.7s

20.1/s

2162

48

11033

0

60

1190

59.2s

20.1/s

2544

52

15711

0

70

1360

66.7s

20.4/s

2893

74

16108

0

80

1530

74.4s

20.6/s

3196

18

21403

0

90

1700

82.2s

20.7/s

3541

129

20052

0

100

2550

125.5s

20.3/s

5363

19

31170

0

150

3400

169.5s

20.1/s

7360

36

39109

0

200

4250

224.2s

19.0/s

9867

23

68648

0

250

5100

274.3s

18.6/s

11946

17

82643

0

300

5367

8995.3s

0.6/s

471222

16

6973941

49

350

Why the max response time keep increasing? Should it result from the client (JMeter) or the web server?
In theory, the max response should not have liner relationship with the users/threads number.

Thanks!

This email has been inspected by NextLabs' Outlook Policy Enforcer to ensure compliance

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. No representation is made on its accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this electronic message. Certain assumptions may have been made in the preparation of this material as at this date, and are subject to change without notice. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender at NextLabs Inc and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments from your system. ======================================================================

Re: why the max response time keep increasing with threads growing?

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.
Actually, response time MUST increase with testing threads increasing,
because more and more testing threads have to wait for server to allocate
CPU to process request.

-----
--
Andrey Pohilko
JP@GC Maintainer

Re: why the max response time keep increasing with threads growing?

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
>Why the max response time keep increasing? Should it result from the
client (JMeter) or the web server?
It could be either. An easy way is to use two jmeter clients on separate
machines and run them together with half of your load (so if originally you
ran 1 jmeter with 100 threads, run 2 jmeters with 50 threads) - you dont
need to setup distributed jmeter instances - just run them at the same
time. if you see the same problem - then likely its your app thats
problematic. If you dont then your Jmeter client was overloaded.

>In theory, the max response should not have liner relationship with the
users/threads number.
depends if your application code has some synchronization blocks then you
could see this behavior

regards
deepak