Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2003/02/19 19:08:08 UTC

ant1.5 and JSPC

simple question: should we merge the JSPC changes from CVS_HEAD to ant1.5.

pro: fixes a lot of problems
con: we dont know what will break

Given that <jspc> in ant1.5 is pretty temperamental, and that the CVS_HEAD
stuff includes better support for tomcat 4.1+, I think we should copy the
code, though await other people's thoughts.

-steve

Re: ant1.5 and JSPC

Posted by Magesh Umasankar <um...@apache.org>.
Go for it.  Aren't we covered pretty well with
tests anyway?

*  There are two types of people in this    *
*  world, good and bad.  The good sleep     *
*  better, but the bad seem to enjoy the    *
*  waking hours much more. - Woody Allen    *

Re: ant1.5 and JSPC

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
In tomcat5 we started to do the precompilation as part of the build
process - right now we use the tomcat-specific task.

Let me know when you finish backporting - I'll test it with tomcat5
buildfile, and after next ant1.5 release we can switch the tomcat build
file.

Costin

Re: ant1.5 and JSPC

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> wrote:

> simple question: should we merge the JSPC changes from CVS_HEAD to
> ant1.5.

AFAIU, <jspc> is pretty useless without your fixes.  Go ahead.

Stefan