Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gernot Koller <ge...@gmx.at> on 2003/05/19 17:58:36 UTC

Passing XML to a pipeline called by the cinclude transformer

Hi!

For some weird reasons (recurrsively calling pipelines) I'd like to pass
some xml data to a pipline called via the cinclude transformer.

To illustrate the problem:

root.xml:
<root>
  <data>
    <some/>
    <important/>
    <parameters/>
  <data/>
  <cinclude:includexml>
    <cinclude:src>cocoon://secondpipeline</cinclude:src>
  </cinclude:includexml>
</root>

sitemap.xmap:
<map:match pattern="root">
  <map:generate src="root.xml"/>
  <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
  <map:transform type="anyfurtherprocessing.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="secondpipeline">
  <map:generate type="???"/>
  <map:transform src="some.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

some.xsl:
<template match "/data">
  <value-of select="some"/>
  <value-of selcet="important"/>
  <value-of selcet="parameters"/>
</template>

Is there any way to let the "secondpipeline" have access to the original
xml stream,
or to pass the xml sniplet <data/> somehow ?
I probably could write the xml to a file or in the session before calling
the cinclude
transformer and access it from within the "secondpipeline" but this is less
then unelegant.

Any ideas ?

thx,

Gernot