Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Eduardo Júnior <ih...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/25 13:58:25 UTC

Sa-update

Hi,

I have just done an update in the rules of my spamassassin with sa-update

He dropped everything to /var/lib/spamassassin/version

He created the directory with several updates_spamassassin_org. Cf
And a updates_spamassassin_org.cf and updates_spamassassin_org.pre.

Peguei of the includes updates_spamassassin_org.cf and put in
/etc/spamassassin/local.cf and I made a copy of my *. cf / etc /
spamassassin to maintain consistently referenced in the path includes.

Executei a /init.d/spamassassin restart to restart.

The question is:

I am making an accurate?
How to test if these new rules are working properly?

I´m using:

# spamassassin --version
SpamAssassin version 3.1.7
  running on Perl version 5.8.8

[]´s

--
Eduardo Júnior
GNU/Linux user #423272

:wq

Re: Sa-update

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Eduardo Júnior wrote:

> Continuing with the sa-update
>
> When run sa-update -D, my output has the following excerpt:
>
> [14661] dbg: diag: module not installed: IP:: Country:: Fast (
> 'require' failed)
> [14661] dbg: diag: module not installed: Razor2:: Client:: Agent (
> 'require' failed)
> [14661] dbg: diag: module not installed: Net:: Ident ( 'require' failed)
> [14661] dbg: diag: module not installed: IO:: Socket:: INET6 (
> 'require' failed)
> [14661] dbg: diag: module not installed: IO:: Socket:: SSL ( 'require'
> failed)
>

> They have some influence in learning?
All of those are modules that support optional features.

The IP::Country::Fast can influence learning, by providing additional
token data on what countries the message has been routed through, but
it's hardly critical.

> And how to verify that the recognition of spam in fact improved?
Look for higher BAYES_* rules hitting on spam, and lower ones on nonspam.

Re: Sa-update

Posted by Eduardo Júnior <ih...@gmail.com>.

--
Eduardo Júnior
GNU/Linux user #423272

:wq

Re: Sa-update

Posted by Eduardo Júnior <ih...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sa-update

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

Re: Sa-update

Posted by Eduardo Júnior <ih...@gmail.com>.
I could see the problem:

read on:
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-spam

amavisd realized that's who manages the upgrade of headers, overwriting any
changes made by spamassassin.

So what I incialmente is that the check is made by spammers by spamassassin
alone, without the amavis as an intermediary.

Desabilitei in / etc / amavis / amavisd.conf the line that makes the check
for spam:

# @ bypass_spam_checks_acl = qw (.);

I do not know if this is the appropriate list, but:

uncomment the above is sufficient for most amavis not call the spamassassin?

I ask this because below that the configuration file, you have several rules
that relate to spamassassin.

[]´s

--
Eduardo Júnior
GNU/Linux user #423272

:wq

Re: Sa-update

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
Eduardo Júnior wrote:
> At least in my pathhad no sa-compile.
>
> But that's not important now.
> I did as recommended by colleagues above, correcting my mistakes and
> understanding the operation.
> Until had found odd repetition of files.
>

> But when I run sa-update, my list of rules is not updated and can now be
> used after restarted?
> I must compile the rules updated with sa-compile so they can be used?

there are (mainly) two set of rules:

- your own rules
- public rules

your own rules are those rules that you write yourself. these are not
updated by any SA tool. these are the rule that _you_ decide to
implement. these rules are generally found in $base/etc/spamassassin or
$base/etc/mail/spamassassin/.

the public rules are the ones that all of us have (whether we use
directly, we override, or not). at installation time, they are in an
installation directory ($base/share/spamassassin/). when you use
sa-update, the "original" ones are no more used and your SA will use the
updated ones.

if you use sa-update, the public rules are updated. and optionally, you
can get more rules. all these go to a new directory (generally
$datadir/spamassassin/).

once you update your rules, you can run sa-compile. some people do. some
don't.

Re: Sa-update

Posted by Eduardo Júnior <ih...@gmail.com>.
At least in my pathhad no sa-compile.

But that's not important now.
I did as recommended by colleagues above, correcting my mistakes and
understanding the operation.
Until had found odd repetition of files.

But when I run sa-update, my list of rules is not updated and can now be
used after restarted?
I must compile the rules updated with sa-compile so they can be used?

any reference

[]´s

--
Eduardo Júnior
GNU/Linux user #423272

:wq

Re: Sa-update

Posted by Richard Frovarp <ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.

Re: Sa-update

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Eduardo Júnior wrote on Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:58:25 -0300:

> Peguei of the includes updates_spamassassin_org.cf and put in
> /etc/spamassassin/local.cf and I made a copy of my *. cf / etc /
> spamassassin to maintain consistently referenced in the path includes.

Not sure what this means. You have to do *nothing* after an sa-update with
the exception of restarting spamd or whatever daemon application you are
using. In case you symlinked some stuff from /etc/mail/spamassassin to
/var/lib/spamassassin or reverse or copied some stuff over: this was
wrong, revert it.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany