Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/23 09:01:28 UTC

ejb-example is not working properly when trying to integrate TomEE 1.7.2 Integration with embedded Tomcat

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate TomEE 1.7.2-SNAPSHOT to an embedded tomcat server
instance along with  OpenEJB 4.7.2-SNAPSHOT and OWB 1.2.7. I have created
an OSGi bundle which contains them and CXF.

I'm trying to test the TomEE integration using the ejb-example which is
provided with TomEE. I tested the JNDI dump by running it on my server and
standard TomEE distribution.

In my server it is missing all the openejb stuffs

env/openejb=
> env/openejb/Resource=
> env/openejb/Resource/context.xml=
> env/openejb/Resource/context.xml/resource=[ResourceBean ContextResource]
> env/openejb/Resource/ejb-examples-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT=
> env/openejb/Resource/ejb-examples-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/context.xml=
> env/openejb/Resource/ejb-examples-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/context.xml/resource=[ResourceBean
> ContextResource]
> env/openejb/Resource/ejb-examples-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/web.xml=
> env/openejb/Resource/ejb-examples-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/web.xml/resource-env-ref=[ResourceBean
> ContextResourceEnvRef]
> env/openejb/Resource/ejb-examples-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/web.xml/resource-ref=[ResourceBean
> ContextResourceRef]
> env/openejb/Resource/web.xml=
> env/openejb/Resource/web.xml/resource-env-ref=[ResourceBean
> ContextResourceEnvRef]
> env/openejb/Resource/web.xml/resource-ref=[ResourceBean ContextResourceRef]

And in the annotated example datasource is null.

What could be the reasons for these issues?
Is it because may be configurations aren't pick up correctly?

Thanks
Best Regards
/Thusitha

Re: ejb-example is not working properly when trying to integrate TomEE 1.7.2 Integration with embedded Tomcat

Posted by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The issue was Resource.class was loaded from 2 bundles. I have
javax.annotation in my tomcat orbit bundle and inside tomcat-annotation. I
removed the javax.annotation from tomcat bundel. So now it is working as
expected :)
Thanks a lot for the support.

Best Regards
/Thusitha

Re: ejb-example is not working properly when trying to integrate TomEE 1.7.2 Integration with embedded Tomcat

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: ejb-example is not working properly when trying to integrate TomEE 1.7.2 Integration with embedded Tomcat

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: ejb-example is not working properly when trying to integrate TomEE 1.7.2 Integration with embedded Tomcat

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: ejb-example is not working properly when trying to integrate TomEE 1.7.2 Integration with embedded Tomcat

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: ejb-example is not working properly when trying to integrate TomEE 1.7.2 Integration with embedded Tomcat

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.