Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Daniel A. de Araujo" <da...@itautec-philco.com.br> on 2004/10/22 19:08:44 UTC

White lists

Hi guys,

I am having some problems when the users access some pages that has the
"send this article to a friend" resource, because the message arrives with
the sender�s address that is filled in the page and not with a specific
account.
So its impossible to set the address as a white-listed.

Any ideas how to solve it ?

Txs,
Daniel.

Re: White lists

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 01:08 PM 10/22/2004, Daniel A. de Araujo wrote:
>I am having some problems when the users access some pages that has the
>"send this article to a friend" resource, because the message arrives with
>the sender´s address that is filled in the page and not with a specific
>account.
>So its impossible to set the address as a white-listed.

Are you sure? Look at the Return-Path header..

That much should always be the same, or at least the same domain. SA treats
Return-Path as an alternative to From:, among some other headers, and will
check all resulting addresses against whitelist_from and
whitelist_from_rcvd rules.

Re: White lists

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
"Daniel A. de Araujo" wrote:
> I am having some problems when the users access some pages that has
> the "send this article to a friend" resource, because the message
> arrives with the sender´s address that is filled in the page and not
> with a specific account.
> So its impossible to set the address as a white-listed.
>
> Any ideas how to solve it ?

Write some custom rules to trigger on these messages- if they're legit,
they *will* have some consistent segments you can use.  Assign negative
scores to those tests.  (A test that checks your boundary server's
specific host is a good test;  it's extremely difficult to forge.  Not
impossible, but difficult.  I've got a few of those IIRC.)

I don't recall any trouble with such sites myself recently;  there were
occasional messages with (IIRC) SA2.3x or 2.4x that got caught like
this.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!