Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Da...@ovid.com on 2001/03/05 22:25:47 UTC

absolute paths for forwards?

It appears that the forward tags on struts-config work fine with relative
tags.  I haven't yet had success with absolute tags (http://www.yahoo.com).
In fact, when I tried to use an absolute tag, I got the following error "
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: path must be absolute:
`http://www.yahoo.com/' "
Am I missing something? Is what I typed verily not an absolute path? How
would I put an absolute path in my forward tag?

Thanks,

Dallas

Re: absolute paths for forwards?

Posted by Zach Thompson <za...@mthoodmedia.com>.
I think you need to do something like:

    forward.setRedirect(true)

for this to work.  Look at the javadocs for the ActionForward object.

Zach