Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "McGuire, John (IT Services)" <Jo...@rbs.co.uk> on 2004/06/11 13:58:35 UTC

SSL implemented?

I'd like to use a log4j socketAppender over an SSL encrypted channel.  I
don't see much mention of this anywhere other than a dev posting back in
February proposing to implement this.  Has this feature been implemented
yet?

What I'm after is a log4j listener on one server which accepts SSL
connection from a socketAppender on another server.  It's the raw socket
data I'm expecting to use SSL, not an HTTPS connection.

John McGuire (IT Services)
Technical Design and Delivery,
Intranet Projects,
1st Floor, Fettes Row
Royal Bank of Scotland Group
> * Internal 	220601
> * External 	0131 523 0601
* email	john.a.mcguire@rbs.co.uk
* snail	Mail Depot 45

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and represents The Royal Bank of Scotland Marketing Group. The Bank sells life policies, collective investment schemes and pension products and advises only on the Marketing Group's range of these products and on a With-Profit Bond produced by Norwich Union Life (RBS) Limited.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.

Re: SSL implemented?

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@apache.org>.
[Queen's Birthday long weekend, sorry for slow response]

Hi John,  I don't believe anyone has got around to implementing this at
the moment, but I can agree that it would be a handy feature (beats having
to setup ssh port forwarding).  In the mean time, are you using ssh port
fowarding?  It works quite well if a bit more fiddly to setup.

chers,

Paul Smith