Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Kevin Minder <km...@apache.org> on 2013/03/12 16:00:18 UTC

New podling infra setup question

Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering how long we should expect infra setup to take in
general.  I understand that this is all done by volunteers so I'm not
complaining.  I just want to:
1) make sure I'm not holding things up by doing things incorrectly
2) be able to plan what I'm going to work on over the next few weeks
For context I'm asking this from the perspective of the Knox podling.  We
have an umbrella Jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5913)
filed.
Thanks!
Kevin.
P.S. I had sent this previously using an non-subscribed email address so I
apologize for anyone getting this in duplicate.

Re: New podling infra setup question

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi Kevin,

in case it helps you to have a time estimation, you can take a look on
Marmotta's podling:

which entered Incubator three months before Knox.

Cheers,

On 13/03/13 12:57, Kevin Minder wrote:
> Hi Bertrand,
> Yep.  We did that although I'm not sure correctly.  We have an umbrella
> Jira INFRA-5913 and then 4 "sub-task" tickets so far.
> INFRA-5922 Create Apache Knox JIRA
> INFRA-5953 Setup svnpubsub based stie for Apache Knox podling
> INFRA-5952 Create Git repo for Apache Knox podling
> INFRA-5954 Setpu Confluence wiki for Apache Knox podling
> In particular the ticket to setup JIRA was created on March 2nd.  Given
> that it hasn't moved I want to make sure I didn't do something wrong.  In
> particular, if these are the expected turn-around times I want to make sure
> I get things right the first time to avoid iteration.
> Thanks.
> Kevin.
>

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz<bdelacretaz@apache.org
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Kevin Minder<km...@apache.org>  wrote:
>>> ...I'm asking this from the perspective of the Knox podling.  We
>>> have an umbrella Jira (
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5913)...
>>
>> Did you check http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact#requesting-podling
>> ? It looks like you should create one sub-task ticket for each service
>> that you request, that should help the infra team act faster.
>>
>> -Bertrand

Sergio Fernández
Salzburg Research
+43 662 2288 318