Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by an...@claire.co.jp on 2001/11/09 08:16:26 UTC

Specifing a servlet in the welcome-file

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

How can I specifiy a servlet as the welcome file, I have tried

<welcome-file-list>
     <welcome-file>ServletIWantToUseAsWelcomeFile</welcome-file>
</welcom-file-list>

But it is not working, it is simply returning a list of files which are
in the the root directory of the web application.

Cheers

Tony

Re: Specifing a servlet in the welcome-file

Posted by u8...@mis.nccu.edu.tw.

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 antony@claire.co.jp wrote:

> Hello Ladies and Gentlemen
>
> How can I specifiy a servlet as the welcome file, I have tried
>
> <welcome-file-list>
>      <welcome-file>ServletIWantToUseAsWelcomeFile</welcome-file>
> </welcom-file-list>
>

> But it is not working, it is simply returning a list of files which are
> in the the root directory of the web application.
>

> Cheers
>
> Tony

	I guess you should first use Servlet mapping, letting url
	map to certain servlet, and then configure your welcome-file-list.