Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Khawaja Shams <ks...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/02 09:33:02 UTC

application scope beans persistence

Hello all,
   I am wondering when the application/session scoped beans are reset.  Very
often, when I restart tomcat, these variables remain unaffected, but at
other times, they are reset.  Can someone tell me how I ensure that these
are reset/not reset? I am using tomcat with netbeans.  Thanks in advance for
your help.

Best Regards,
Khawaja Shams

Re: application scope beans persistence

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Application scope is not persisted across restarts.

Sessions can be persisted across restarts. But sessions which contain
non-serializable attributes will not be persisted. (Because they can't be
serialized)

-Tim