Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "Fieck, Brennan" <Br...@comcast.com> on 2019/01/08 21:41:58 UTC

Removing old migration instructions

Can anybody think of a reason why the ATC 3.x docs should include the pages for migrating from 1.x to 2.x or from 2.0 to 2.2? IMO the docs for version X.y should include instructions that pertain to version X - so an upgrade from X-1 to X would be fine, but from X-1.y to X-1.y+z doesn't really make sense.

To be clear, I'm suggesting the removal of

https://traffic-control-cdn.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin/traffic_ops/migration_from_10_to_20.html
and

https://traffic-control-cdn.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin/traffic_ops/migration_from_20_to_22.html

from the latest (3.x) docs.

Re: Removing old migration instructions

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.
Submit a PR to remove them. Anything < 2.2 is not officially supported
anyway.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Removing old migration instructions

Posted by "Fieck, Brennan" <Br...@comcast.com>.
To sort of wrap this up, this kind of order of operations would be best documented in the same place where an upgrade procedure from 2.x -> 3.x is documented. Currently we don't have that; is there anything special that needs to be done beyond `yum update traffic_{{component}}`? If so, anybody feel like writing it up? I'd be happy to convert it to RST if someone knows the steps but doesn't want to write docs.

Posted by "Fieck, Brennan" <Br...@comcast.com>.
I'm with Dave on this.

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Butts <ro...@apache.org>.