Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Calvin Goodrich <cg...@us.oracle.com> on 2000/03/16 20:52:30 UTC

[Fwd: Problem with Solaris distribution of Tomcat]

Third request:

I have sent several notes already and am not getting any response. I've also checked
the site and the file hasn't been updated. I'm working on an important (for me)
project here at Oracle and need Tomcat to proceed.

Thanks,

Calvin.

Unofficial instal notes and FAQ for Tomcat 3.1b1 available

Posted by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu>.
Dear Developers and Users,

Please check:
        http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/

Dear Developers:
Maybe you can use some of this in the HOWTO or READMEs which come with
TOMCAT. At the same time I realize that you may be cooking much better
stuff.

Dear Users:
Since the documentation seems to be quite scarce for Tomcat at this time,
I placed some of my notes on the Web. This stuff focuses on
Compilation/Building and Installation of Tomcat/Apache combination
under Linux and Solaris. Fetch the files which have red "New" by them.
Note that you can easily get rid of navigation embelishments, by clicking
at the link [Raw Version of this page] at the bottom of each page.
You may want to do it to print this stuff or to save it for future use
locally.

Jan,

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/

Unofficial instal notes and FAQ for Tomcat 3.1b1 available

RE: [Fwd: Problem with Solaris distribution of Tomcat]

Posted by "M.J. Maré" <sa...@pop3.nl.net>.
> > I have sent several notes already and am not getting any
> response. I've also checked
> > the site and the file hasn't been updated. I'm working on an
> important (for me)
> > project here at Oracle and need Tomcat to proceed.
>
> I answered this few times - the PKG and RPM are broken in tomcat
> 3.0, you need to
> use the zip or tar.gz archives.  We had them as "experimental
> features" to get feedback
>
> and see if people are interested in "native" packages.
>
> You can find precompiled mod_jserv under solaris/sparc

Could you be a bit more specific? Where? In the binary or source download,
CVS, tomcat or JServ?

I apologize for my newbieness...

TIA

Marcel

Re: [Fwd: Problem with Solaris distribution of Tomcat]

Posted by Costin Manolache <Co...@eng.sun.com>.
Calvin Goodrich wrote:

> Third request:
>
> I have sent several notes already and am not getting any response. I've also checked
> the site and the file hasn't been updated. I'm working on an important (for me)
> project here at Oracle and need Tomcat to proceed.

I answered this few times - the PKG and RPM are broken in tomcat 3.0, you need to
use the zip or tar.gz archives.  We had them as "experimental features" to get feedback

and see if people are interested in "native" packages.

You can find precompiled mod_jserv under solaris/sparc

Costin