Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeffrey A Trimble <ja...@ysu.edu> on 2016/06/25 15:40:18 UTC

Deploy with white screen

I've just deployed tomcat 7.0.70 on a test server, but I'm seeing something very strange and I'd like some advice to point me to a solution.  I'm running DSpace software.

When I go to the web:  http://<server>:8080/xmlui I'm getting a blank white screen.  If I add something like "/home" onto the end of the URL (http://<server>:8080/xmlui/home) I receive a screen that looks like my application with "Page not found" error in one of the frames, but I can now get all my usualy menus and choose to go on.  If I click a link for the Home landing page, it may or may not get a white blank page.

Any thoughts?

Some informational data:

* server.xml has the declared the appBase to my directory where my webapps reside (instead of copying them into the /webapps directory under Tomcat).  We've been doing that for years.
* I'm running java 1.6
* xmlui is a cocoon application

Thanks for any assistance,

Jeff

Jeffrey Trimble, MLS
William F. Maag Library
Youngstown State University
330.941.2483 (Office)
jatrimble@ysu.edu
http://www.maag.ysu.edu
http://digital.maag.ysu.edu

Re: Deploy with white screen

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 8:40 AM, Jeffrey A Trimble <ja...@ysu.edu> wrote:
> I've just deployed tomcat 7.0.70 on a test server, but I'm seeing something very strange and I'd like some advice to point me to a solution.

Start by looking in your logs :-)

http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan

Re: Deploy with white screen

Posted by Jeffrey A Trimble <ja...@ysu.edu>.
I started with a fresh copy.  The only change was to use Java7.  I don’t
have a <context> stanza in my server.xml.  I do have a context.xml file.

On 6/28/16, 12:03 PM, "Christopher Schultz" <ch...@christopherschultz.net>

Re: Deploy with white screen

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.