Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/10/16 13:36:03 UTC

Re: DNSWL question

Mark Wendt (Contractor) writes:
> I've started seeing some spam come through that gets labeled with
> "RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED RBL: Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/",
> which imparts a negative score if the relay is listed in their
> db.  Here at the Lab, we have an email gateway at the front, which is
> the single point of entry for email to the Lab, and then forwards the
> emails to the respective servers.  Can't get around that issue, it's
> mandated by the Lab.

You may also find "trusted_networks" and "internal_networks" to
be helpful; specify the gateway's IP in those lists.

--j.

Re: DNSWL question

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Justin Mason wrote:
> Mark Wendt (Contractor) writes:
>
>> I've started seeing some spam come through that gets labeled with
>> "RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED RBL: Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/",
>> which imparts a negative score if the relay is listed in their
>> db.  Here at the Lab, we have an email gateway at the front, which is
>> the single point of entry for email to the Lab, and then forwards the
>> emails to the respective servers.  Can't get around that issue, it's
>> mandated by the Lab.
>>

> You may also find "trusted_networks" and "internal_networks" to
> be helpful; specify the gateway's IP in those lists.

Agreed. I would *STRONGLY* suggest fixing the problem, rather than
trying to treat the symptoms by disabling rules.

Right now SA appears to be confused about where your network borders
are. Fix that, and it will fix a lot of other problems (ie:
whitelist_from_rcvd won't work for you correctly)

See also:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath