Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/16 11:53:17 UTC

[FlexJS] Intellij integration

Hi,

For those trying to get FlexJS nightly working with IJ, Fred posted these
steps, I think Alex is working on getting files copied in builds coming up.

Note; I had to copy mx-manifest.xml over into the flexjs frameworks to.

Mike

So, from there, fdb.jar is missing as well as the
ide\IDEA\intellij-config.xml, the content is here
https://gist.github.com/doublefx/5a2c20704fcc102428c6, is missing as well,
the mxml-2009-manifest.xml

1- Copy the content of https://gist.github.com/doublefx/5a2c20704fcc102428c6
into <FlexJS Nightly>\ide\IDEA\intellij-config.xml
2- Copy the <Flex SDK>\frameworks\mxml-2009-manifest.xml to <FlexJS
Nightly>\frameworks\mxml-2009-manifest.xml
3- To be able to debug, build the falcon/debugger "ant debugger", copy the
freshly built <falcon>\compiler\generated\dist\sdk\lib\fdb.jar to <FlexJS
Nightly>\lib

In IntelliJ, Project structure / Modules / your module / its build
configuration / dependencies:

1- set the Flex/AIR SDK to the <FlexJS Nightly>
2- Add a global libraries pointing to <FlexJS Nightly>, unticking
everything not in the frameworks folder.

In IntelliJ, Project structure / Modules / your module / its build
configuration / compiler options / Project Defaults:

1- Remove the en_US locale
2- add as "Default options for project", -load-config+=<FlexJS
Nightly>\ide\IDEA\intellij-config.xml

In IntelliJ, Project structure / Modules / your module / its build
configuration / compiler options:

add, as needed a -js-output-type (eg. -js-output-type=FLEXJS_DUAL)

You should now be able to build and debug swf and js

RE: [FlexJS] Intellij integration

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I checked in the intellij-config.xml, it should be available in the next nightly, thanks @Alex for having taken care of the other missing files :-)

Thanks also @Mike for having re-posted the how-to.

Here is what remains to do for the user when it wants to configure a project for FlexJS in IntelliJ and some more precisions on unclear / not mentioned parts:

This is based on the assumption project / module(s) are already defined with their build configuration(s)

In IntelliJ, Project structure / Modules / your module / its build configuration / dependencies:

1- set the Flex/AIR SDK to the <FlexJS Nightly>
2- Add a global libraries pointing to <FlexJS Nightly>, unticking everything not in the frameworks folder.

In IntelliJ, Project structure / Modules / your module / its build configuration / compiler options / Project Defaults:

1- Remove the en_US locale
2- add as "Default options for project", -load-config+=<FlexJSNightly>\ide\IDEA\intellij-config.xml

In IntelliJ, Project structure / Modules / your module / its build configuration / compiler options / Additional compiler options:

add, as needed a -js-output-type (eg. -js-output-type=FLEXJS_DUAL) or let it empty if you want to produce only swf / swc and nt js files.

You should now be able to build and debug swf and js

Note: If you want to test JS.swc and manipulate the HTML DOM with ActionScript, you may want to:

1- Change the type of your build configuration to "Pure actionscript" only if you untick "Prefer ActionScript compiler 2.0 for pure ActionScript build configuration" in settings / ActionScript & Flex Compiler
2- Add in you module / build configuration / dependencies the <FlexJSNightly>\js\libs\temp\externals\bin\JS.swc and set its linkage type as external

Frédéric THOMAS