Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Maheedhar Reddy <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/10 11:28:23 UTC

Help in installation of Flume

Hi All,

I'm having a single node Hadoop set up on my Ubuntu server, I want to set
up Flume to extract data from web sources.Below are few queries.

1. Is it possible to set up Flume on a single node cluster?
2. Please suggest some links or videos to install Flume...
3. Any help on referring to good use cases for the usage of Flume would be
appreciated.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."

Regards,

Maheedhar Reddy K V

http://about.me/maheedhar.kv/#

Re: Help in installation of Flume

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Maheedhar Reddy <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having a single node Hadoop set up on my Ubuntu server, I want to set
> up Flume to extract data from web sources.Below are few queries.
>
> 1. Is it possible to set up Flume on a single node cluster?

Yes, it is

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#a-simple-example

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#is-flume-a-good-fit-for-your-problem
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/Articles%2C+Blog+Posts%2C+HOWTOs