Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by smanad <sm...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/23 02:30:54 UTC

custom names for replicas in solrcloud

Hi,

I am using Solr 4.3 with 3 solr hosta and with an external zookeeper
ensemble of 3 servers. And just 1 shard currently.

When I create collections using collections api it creates collections with
names,
collection1_shard1_replica1, collection1_shard1_replica2,
collection1_shard1_replica3.
Is there any way to pass a custom name? or can I have all the replicas with
same name?

Any pointers will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
-Manasi

Re: custom names for replicas in solrcloud

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
No, it is part of the core admin API.

-- Jack Krupansky

Is coreNodeName exposed via collections api?

Re: custom names for replicas in solrcloud

Posted by smanad <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi  smanad

   If I do not make a mistake, You can append the coreNodeName parameter to
your creation command:

http://10.7.23.125:8080/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=dfscore8_3&shard=shard3_3&collection.configName=myconf&schema=schema.xml&config=solrconfig3.xml&collection=collection1&dataDir=/soData/&
coreNodeName=heihei

   May it be helpful