Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/23 00:46:02 UTC

OpenJPA and JDK 1.4?

Hi,
Has there been any investigation into providing a JPA-like implementation
that would execute in the JDK 1.4 environment?  I know we have the
Java 5.0requirements for generics and enums built right into the JPA
interfaces.  I
was just wondering whether anybody has investigated "down-grading" the
interfaces and the associated implementation to support JDK 1.4.  We have
the kernel-4 sub-project, probably as a basis for the Kodo JDO support.
This would make a nice alternative to Hibernate running on 1.4...

Thoughts?

Kevin

RE: OpenJPA and JDK 1.4?

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@bea.com>.
Turns out that BEA actually already implements this, in the form of the
JDO bindings in the Kodo product. So I agree that this is a laudable
goal.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey