Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Zbarcea Hadrian <hz...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/06 21:27:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.8.1

A new patch release apache-camel-2.8.1 is out with approximately 45 issues resolved: improvements and bug fixes [1].

Please find the staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-037/

The tarballs are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-037/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.8.1/

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.8.1/

Please review, test and vote to approve this release binary. Your vote counts!

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.8.1
Vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Here's my +1
Hadrian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12317152

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.8.1

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Just tried this out with the Camel in Action source. Works fine.

+1

--
Cheers,
Jon

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.8.1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 3:31 AM, Zbarcea Hadrian <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The vote passes with:
>
> [6] +1 binding (janstey, cibsen, ningjiang, joed, cschneider, hadrian)
> [2] +1 non-binding
> [0] -1
>
> I will promote the artifacts to the central repo, upload the distro to the apache site and update the main site.

Any news on updating the site?
The JARs is in central repo. But the main site is not updated.

> Many thanks to all who took the time to test this release and vote.
> Hadrian
>

> On Sep 6, 2011, at 3:27 PM, Zbarcea Hadrian wrote:
>
>> A new patch release apache-camel-2.8.1 is out with approximately 45 issues resolved: improvements and bug fixes [1].
>>
>> Please find the staging repo here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-037/
>>
>> The tarballs are here
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-037/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.8.1/
>>
>> Tag:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.8.1/
>>
>> Please review, test and vote to approve this release binary. Your vote counts!
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.8.1
>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
>> Vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>>
>> Here's my +1
>> Hadrian
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12317152

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.8.1

Posted by Zbarcea Hadrian <hz...@gmail.com>.
The vote passes with:

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non binding).

Tested with Karaf 2.2.2, using Spring DSL and Blueprint DSL.

Regards
JB

On 09/06/2011 09:27 PM, Zbarcea Hadrian wrote:
> A new patch release apache-camel-2.8.1 is out with approximately 45 issues resolved: improvements and bug fixes [1].
>
> Please find the staging repo here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-037/
>
> The tarballs are here
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-037/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.8.1/
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.8.1/
>
> Please review, test and vote to approve this release binary. Your vote counts!

> Vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Here's my +1
> Hadrian
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12317152

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.8.1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

I have been told that the camel-example-spring-ws may have an issue
running out of the box on the dist.
But if you run it from the src instead, then it works.

This problem should also exist in 2.8.0 and possible earlier releases.
We may put a note about this in the release notes.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Here is my +1,

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1

Christian

Am 06.09.2011 21:27, schrieb Zbarcea Hadrian:
> A new patch release apache-camel-2.8.1 is out with approximately 45 issues resolved: improvements and bug fixes [1].
>
> Please find the staging repo here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-037/
>
> The tarballs are here
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-037/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.8.1/
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.8.1/
>
> Please review, test and vote to approve this release binary. Your vote counts!

> Vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Here's my +1
> Hadrian
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12317152