Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/06 16:17:47 UTC

Re: Page Files and Jwc Files in T5

T5 is very formative.

My goal is to keep the essense of Tapestry (4) but simplify and
improve everything.

Part of that is reducing and eliminating XML. Everthing done today in
.page and .jwc files will be done with annotations.  I've been working
on a smart class loader that can detect changes and reload classes
when they change.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry

Re: Page Files and Jwc Files in T5

Posted by devel - Fashion Content <de...@fashioncontent.com>.
I really look forward to what you come up with T4 is a Gem, although it's
getting a bit complex mastering a heap of new classes & HiveMind services.

I hope you are going to keep support for .page definitions. While I don't
see any reason to use .jwc in a Java5 environment, the .page way of doing
things is one of Tapestrys main strengths. Given a rich component library,
existing business/data model and good documentation/training, a web designer
with no development knowledge could build almost any sort of web site.

Henrik