Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Liz Kim <li...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 18:48:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Setting HTTP status?

I have created a custmoized .html file for my 404 error page.
How do I set the actual HTTP stutus to 404 not found?
Currently, the 404.html page I have created returns 200 normal...
Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Setting HTTP status?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 11/1/06, Liz Kim <li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have created a custmoized .html file for my 404 error page.
> How do I set the actual HTTP stutus to 404 not found?
> Currently, the 404.html page I have created returns 200 normal...
> Thanks.

When using the ErrorDocument directive, be sure to use a URL-path
starting in "/" rather than a full URL starting in http://.  For the
explanation, see the documentation for ErrorDocument.

Joshua.