Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/04 13:09:43 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-188 - Add new metrics to support health checks

All the suggestions on the discuss thread have been incorporated into the
KIP. Please let me know if you have any more concerns or else can we
proceed with voting for this KIP?

Thank you,

Rajini

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks, leaving as is.

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
+1 Lots of good stuff in here.

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ismael,

1. Yes, that makes sense. Updated the KIP to use FetchMessageConversionsPerSec

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Thanks Rajini.

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ismael,

1. At the moment FetchDownConversionsPerSec is a topic metric while
MessageConversionTimeMs is a request metric which indicates Produce/Fetch
as a tag. Are you suggesting that we should convert
FetchDownConversionsPerSec to a request metric called MessageConversionsPerSec

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Thomas Crayford <tc...@salesforce.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.