Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Elodie Tasia <e....@ever-team.com> on 2002/04/02 09:09:43 UTC

Re: Tomcat 4 with Slide

> >> Is that normal that I can get anything when I call localhost:8081 or
> localhost:8081 ?
>
> Sorry I didn't get that one. Could you rephrase ?

Oups, excuse me, I wanted to say : is that normal that I CAN'T get anything
when I call http://localhost:8081 or localhost:8081 ?

> When you declare a namespace in Domain.xml in {CATALINA_HOME}/conf, on
> startup the namespace will get its own application context for each of
these
> services.
> >> Huh, excuse me, but I don't have such a file in this directory... Must
> put it there ?
> Ok my fault, the physical file is called slide.xml. It's the same dtd and
> function as Domain.xml, except that, for easier maintenance I guess,
instead
> of declaring everything in one big file, it devides one namespace
definition
> out into three seperate files : a.conf , a.def, and a.data file.

I think I missed something : what you call CATALINA_HOME is where you put
Tomcat or Slide ?
Because these files (slide.xml, slide.conf...) are in the /conf directory of
Slide and not Tomcat...
Maybe must I put them in Tomcat's directory but I didn't read that in any
doc...

> The data
> part of Domain.xml is a way to initialize the namespace if either, this is
> the first time you start up and there is no data in your persistent stores
> yet, or you use a non persistent store such as a memory store for all or
> part of your namespace and need to reinitialize on each startup.

Could you give an example of a well configured .data file ?

Thanx