Posted to dev@samoa.apache.org by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@apache.org> on 2015/09/08 09:47:08 UTC

September 2014 Report feedback.

Hi,

Here some feedback from the IPMC on our report, which I think is valuable.

> SAMOA

>   Our main goal is still to grow the community, which is still pretty
small.
>   We are doing a large amount of dissemination work in conferences and
>   events to promote SAMOA.
>
>   We have had contributions from outside the PMC.  In particular, we have
>   been collaborating with the Apache Flink community.

If not that many people know about SAMOA, that's a great way of addressing
the
issue.  Are there other parts of the "open source funnel" you could focus
on?
(See Kohsuke Kawaguchi at MonkeyGras 2012:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHnCIZFOLLA>.)

Enjoy the video :)
--
Gianmarco

Re: September 2014 Report feedback.

Posted by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@gdfm.me>.
I think we are doing well with the user part, downloading and running SAMOA
is pretty straightforward.
Checking it out is also easy, however the reading experience might be
harder.
The codebase is not very clean, and the documentation is a bit sparse (as
with most open source projects).
Surely we can do a better job of engaging with users by being more
responsive.

my 2c,

--
Gianmarco