Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com> on 2001/05/22 17:41:12 UTC

DO NOT USE Xerces 1.3.1 with Apache SOAP

Xerces 1.3.1 has a bug in its namespace handling code that breaks
Apache SOAP. Please use an older version of Xerces or a nightly
build.

Note that v2.2RC1 is fully JAXP enabled. As such you can now use
any JAXP enabled, namespace aware parser.

Sanjiva.

Re: DO NOT USE Xerces 1.3.1 with Apache SOAP

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
No, I haven't seen that particular problem come from Xerces 1.3.1
so I don't know whether switching to a different version of
Xerces will solve this for you. Are you doing anything
special to config the parser?

Sanjiva.