Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Manu Zhang <ow...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/27 02:32:19 UTC

how to work on gearpump-runner branch

Hi All,

As gearpump-runner has been merged into
https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/tree/gearpump-runner  branch, I'd
like to add ask about our working model here.

1. how (often) should be the branch synced with master and who will commit
it ?
2. Do I work on new PRs based on branch or master ?

For example, I need to move `RunnableOnService` tests into a profile
following [BEAM-479] Execute RunnableOnService tests only when runner
options provided <https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/pull/709>
which hasn't made into gearpump-runner branch. Also, the changes conflict
with the branch. What should I do in this case ?

Any references or documentations would be helpful as well.

Thanks,
Manu Zhang
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/tree/gearpump-runner>