Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bahadýr Konu <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/13 17:31:44 UTC

Using Eclipse without maven plugin (multiple module project)

To create a multimodule project and use it with eclipse+SVN
I have done everything that is described here: http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html

Multiple Module Project

I have created my multi-module project and checked in to SVN
I checked out the project to a directory, ran "mvn eclipse:eclipse"
then I import the project to Eclipse (import existing project)
Everything is fine...

But the problem is: I cannot use the SVN plugin of eclipse now... in other words TEAM->commit  etc.. is not working. Eclipse treats the project as not under SVN control.

The article says:
"In both cases you will be able to synchronize your changes using eclipse."

But no luck...

Any help is appreciated. I don't understand why this crucial integration is still so complicated. (if it is)

Thanks..
Bahadir

Re: Using Eclipse without maven plugin (multiple module project)

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/7/13 Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>:
>  On 13/07/2010 2:19 PM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
>>
>> 2010/7/13 Bahadır Konu<ba...@yahoo.com>:
>>>
>>> I have created my multi-module project and checked in to SVN
>>> I checked out the project to a directory, ran "mvn eclipse:eclipse"
>>> then I import the project to Eclipse (import existing project)
>>
>> Try using m2eclipse, it's a life-saver. Remember to install the
>> Subversion-m2eclipse integration that is available in the "extras"
>> repository:
>> http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/
>> Checkout using "Check out as Maven project".
>>
>> Antonio

> STS Eclipse has this already built-in.

You are right, but since the OP is already using Eclipse, I think that
downloading a plugin directly could be more fruitful.
I have more arguments, but I don't want to start an OT flame about Eclipse :-D

Antonio

Re: Using Eclipse without maven plugin (multiple module project)

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
  Galileo - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo
This update site should already be set up for you.
Just select Subversive
The Subversive plug-in will help you get the connectors when you restart
STS.

Ron

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
  Why aren't you checking the project out in Eclipse?

BTW. I suggest using the STS version of Eclipse since all your plug-ins
come preinstalled except for Subversion which is mostly included.

On 13/07/2010 11:31 AM, Bahadýr Konu wrote:
>  To create a multimodule project and use it with eclipse+SVN I have
>  done everything that is described here:
>  http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html
>
>  Multiple Module Project
>
>  I have created my multi-module project and checked in to SVN I
>  checked out the project to a directory, ran "mvn eclipse:eclipse"
>  then I import the project to Eclipse (import existing project)
>  Everything is fine...
>
>  But the problem is: I cannot use the SVN plugin of eclipse now... in
>  other words TEAM->commit  etc.. is not working. Eclipse treats the
>  project as not under SVN control.
>
>  The article says: "In both cases you will be able to synchronize your
>  changes using eclipse."
>
>  But no luck...
>
>  Any help is appreciated. I don't understand why this crucial
>  integration is still so complicated. (if it is)
>
>  Thanks.. Bahadir

on