Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Kris Jack <mr...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/12 16:42:50 UTC

Re: Documentation for ParallelALSFactorizationJob

Thanks guys, I've got that working now.  I was interested to find that
there is code that helps to evaluate the results of AWS.  Out of interest,
is there similar code in Mahout that helps with evaluating matrix
multiplication (e.g. org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob)?

Best,
Kris

--
Dr Kris Jack,
http://www.mendeley.com/profiles/kris-jack/

Re: Documentation for ParallelALSFactorizationJob

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi Kris,

ALS factorizes your input matrix A (users x items) into two smaller,
dense matrices: U (users x features) and M (features x items).

Best,
Sebastian

Posted by Kris Jack <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@googlemail.com>.