Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Varun Rao <va...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/25 13:36:43 UTC

Regarding Hanging Tez queries in Nifi

Hello,

We are using Nifi (1.6.0.3.2.0.8-3) with Hive (1.2), hive is running on tez
(2.6.5.0-292). The query on tez-view shows it is completed but on Nifi we
still see tez queries queued up 10 minutes after the query is finished on
tez-view.  We have considered lowering the parameter
tez.am.container.idle.release-timeout-min.millis however this hasn't made
any differences.

Do you know what can be causing this?

Thanks

RE: Regarding Hanging Tez queries in Nifi

Posted by Shawn Weeks <sw...@weeksconsulting.us>.
Do you see this behavior if your only running a single query once? Or does it happen when you have a bunch of them queued up? Are there other things using your Hive DBCP Connection Pool that might be starving SelectHiveQL for connections? Is your Max Timer Driven Thread Count high enough to support the number of threads your using across all of your workflows, the default is 10 which is a bit low.

If possible sharing a simplified template of your workflow or some pictures would be helpful.

Thanks
Shawn

The query is doing a validation (performing a count), so only a single row is being returned.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:05 AM Shawn Weeks <sw...@weeksconsulting.us>> wrote:
How many rows does the query return? The actual fetch of rows doesn’t happen until the query is finished and I’ve seen a million rows or so take several minutes to fetch.

Thanks
Shawn

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Varun Rao <va...@gmail.com>.