Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com> on 2004/03/02 22:58:30 UTC

Database pool-controller

Hi,

I configured a database pool in cocoon and used the pool controller tag to set
max and min connections in cocoon.xconf.

When the max number of connections are used up what does cocoon do. Does it
throw an exception to the n+1(n being max connections) or does it wait for
one of the connections to complete their job.

Thanks,
Anna.

Re: Database pool-controller

Posted by Askild Aaberg Olsen <as...@xangeli.com>.
Don't know where to set the wait-time, but I would rather set tha
max-pool-size higher if this turn out to be a real problem.

You can use the <map:handle-errors> and the notifying-generator to provide
custom error messages to the user if Cocoon casts an exception. Look at this
section of the main sitemap in the webapp-folder.

Askild
-

Posted by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com>.

Posted by Askild Aaberg Olsen <as...@xangeli.com>.