Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Skriloff, Nicholas" <Sk...@darden.virginia.edu> on 2005/06/14 17:45:19 UTC

informal parameters

I have a component I created called ConditionalDirectLink that wraps
DirectLink--passing through the needed parameters to direct link.  I
have implemented it using allow-informal-parameters = "yes."

If I put the following code into an html page, the "target="_blank"" is
stripped out.

        <a jwcid="printGradesLink" target="_blank">
        </a>

However, if I use a simple direct link component, then it is not and all
is fine.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do in my custom ConditionalDirectLink
component?

Re: informal parameters

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@freemail.hu>.
You haven't attached your component's code, so it's just a guess: did you
specified the inherit-informal-parameters="true" attribute for the wrapped
DirectLink component?

Br,
Norbi

Re: informal parameters

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Check out
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/TapestryUsersGuide/spec.component.html
for how to have informal parameters of a containing component copied
over into a contained component.