Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Yunlong Zhao <Yu...@ingres.com> on 2010/11/02 23:00:38 UTC

TreeBranch.setExpandedIcon("@images/iconfile.png") Doesn't work in Pivot 2.0

Hi All,

I am migrating pivot 1.5.2 application to pivot 2.0 and converting the
following statement in 1.5.2 (these two statements work just fine in
pivot 1.5.2):

myTreeBranch.setIcon("images/iconfile.png");

myTreeBranch.setExpandedIcon("images/expandedIconfile.png");

myTreeBranch.setIcon("@images/iconfile.png");

myTreeBranch.setExpandedIcon("@images/expandedIconfile.png");

For pivot 2.0.

The setIcon method works fine but I got the following exception for the
setExpandedIcon method:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: expandedIconURL is null.

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.content.TreeBranch.setExpandedIcon(TreeBranch.java:
84)

        at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.content.TreeBranch.setExpandedIcon(TreeBranch.java:
117)

        at
com.ingres.director.RunningServers.populateTreeModel(RunningServers.java
:443)

        at
com.ingres.director.RunningServers.getTreeModel(RunningServers.java:186)

        at
com.ingres.director.StartStopSheet.populateServerBoxPane(Unknown Source)

        at com.ingres.director.StartStopSheet.<init>(Unknown Source)

        at com.ingres.director.StartStopSheet1.buttonPressed(Unknown
Source)

Is this a bug in 2.0?

Thanks,

Yunlong

Re: TreeBranch.setExpandedIcon("@images/iconfile.png") Doesn't work in Pivot 2.0

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
The '@' syntax only works in BXML. It means "load the image from a path that is relative to the current file". I think what you are trying to do is load the image from an absolute path (i.e. one that is relative to the classpath). You should use a string that starts with a "/" - the fact that the '@' symbol works is just a side-effect, since setIcon(String) simply drops the first character.

However, I have fixed the issue with setExpandedIcon(). Thanks for catching that.