Posted to rpc-user@xml.apache.org by Martin Redington <m....@ucl.ac.uk> on 2002/11/20 02:12:04 UTC

secure stuff again

Well, I finally got round to playing with SSL stuff. got my XML-RPC
servlet running, with tomcat handling the SSL.

Altered my test client to use SecureXmlRpcClient ... which then chokes
on the https protocol.

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:475)
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:371)
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:325)
         at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.<init>(XmlRpcClient.java)
         at
org.apache.xmlrpc.secure.SecureXmlRpcClient.<init>(SecureXmlRpcClient.ja
va)
         at
uk.co.autonomous.util.xmlrpc.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:54)
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https

So, courtesy of tomcat, I can use SSL, but I can't seem to test it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Should I wait for the new branch? Any idea when its coming?

RE: secure stuff again

Posted by Glenn McComb <gl...@mccomb.com>.
please, how do I get off this list?

Thanks,

Glenn

Posted by Glenn McComb <gl...@mccomb.com>.

RE: secure stuff again

Posted by Will Sargent <wi...@yahoo.com>.
Okay...

Re: secure stuff again

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@uiowa.edu>.
On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 11:38  PM, Martin Redington wrote:
> yaffle[827] ls -l /Library/Java/Home/lib/ext/jsse.jar
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  464028 Jul 14 21:57
> /Library/Java/Home/lib/ext/jsse.jar
>
> jsse is installed by default on Jaguar (Mac OS X) ...

This is not your immediate problem, but you'll probably run into it in
the future if you are using the default JSSE on OS X:  JSSE 1.0.1 and
earlier had a bug that made them not be able to communicate via SSL
with anything except another JSSE-using application.  JSSE 1.0.2 (which
is the version that ships with OS X, I think) has a fix, but it is
disabled by default.  You can enable it by setting a system property
(com.sun.net.ssl.dhKeyExchangeFix), or by updating the included JSSE
jars to 1.0.3_01, which is available from Sun.

More info: http://java.sun.com/products/jsse/CHANGES.txt

Rhett

RE: secure stuff again

Posted by Will Sargent <wi...@yahoo.com>.