Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Cole <ro...@db.com> on 2006/09/05 15:55:26 UTC

Hivemind is doing my nut. Override FactoryDefaults?

Hi all,

hopefully a very quick one. Can someone please give me a pointer as to how to override a value in hivemind.FactoryDefaults? Its been holding me up for the last 2 hours and I'm about to pull out what's left of my hair.

So far I think that I need to create my own SymbolSource contribution point and then add that to the hivemind.SymbolSources contribution, and then add my values to my symbol source. Is that right? Can someone point me in the direction of how to set up a SymbolSource?

I've found something on HLS's website (http://howardlewisship.com/blog/2003_07_01_archive.html) but it could well be out of date.

Any help would be very, very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob Cole

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: Hivemind is doing my nut. Override FactoryDefaults?

Posted by Robert Cole <ro...@db.com>.
I finally got it working. For reference, here's my solution:

  <service-point id="MySettings" interface="org.apache.hivemind.SymbolSource">
        <invoke-factory>
            <construct class="org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.DefaultSymbolSource" >
                 <set-configuration configuration-id="ApplicationProperties" property="defaults"/>
            </construct>
        </invoke-factory>
  </service-point>

  <configuration-point id="ApplicationProperties" schema-id="hivemind.Defaults"/>

  <contribution configuration-id="ApplicationProperties">
        <default symbol="ignoreFailure" value="true"/>
        <default symbol="newFilter" value="com.db.csa.security.AFilter"/>
        <default symbol="tapestry.acegi.authenticationEntryPoint" value="null"/>
  </contribution>

Rob Cole

             "Jesse Kuhnert" <jk...@gmail.com>

             05/09/2006 14:58                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              To
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        "Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           cc
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Please respond to
                                                                                                                                                                                        "Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Subject
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Re: Hivemind is doing my nut. Override FactoryDefaults?

I think to override a value you just simply define a new contribution
configuration point for hivemind.FactoryDefaults no?

Ie

<contribution configuration-id="hivemin.FactoryDefaults">
<foo />
</contribution>

(The code is made up and probably non functional, but you get the idea).

On 9/5/06, Robert Cole <ro...@db.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> hopefully a very quick one. Can someone please give me a pointer as to how
> to override a value in hivemind.FactoryDefaults? Its been holding me up
> for the last 2 hours and I'm about to pull out what's left of my hair.
>
> So far I think that I need to create my own SymbolSource contribution
> point and then add that to the hivemind.SymbolSources contribution, and
> then add my values to my symbol source. Is that right? Can someone point me
> in the direction of how to set up a SymbolSource?
>
> I've found something on HLS's website (
> http://howardlewisship.com/blog/2003_07_01_archive.html) but it could well
> be out of date.
>
> Any help would be very, very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob Cole
>
> ---

> e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

---

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.