Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Alban Coulange <al...@hotmail.com> on 2005/10/03 11:15:14 UTC

myfaces tree2

Hello,
I have got a strange error using myfaces 1.0.9 with the tree2 component.
Eclipse 3.1, tomcat 5.5.9

2005-09-23 16:43:40,359 ERROR
[org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/sda]]
Node with id 0:0. Failed to parse 0:0:0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Node with id 0:0. Failed to parse 0:0:0

at org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.TreeModel.getNodeById(TreeModel.java:153)
at org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.TreeModel.setNodeId(TreeModel.java:71)
at org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.UITreeData.setNodeId(UITreeData.java:290)
at org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.HtmlTree.setNodeId(HtmlTree.java:80)
at org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.HtmlTreeRenderer.decode
(HtmlTreeRenderer.java:113)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.decode(UIComponentBase.java:305)
at org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.UITreeData.processDecodes
(UITreeData.java:139)
at org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.HtmlTree.processDecodes(HtmlTree.java:91)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processDecodes
(UIComponentBase.java:407)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processDecodes
(UIComponentBase.java:407)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processDecodes
(UIComponentBase.java:407)
at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processDecodes(UIViewRoot.java:151)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.applyRequestValues
(LifecycleImpl.java:177)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:87)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter
(ExtensionsFilter.java:112)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.
processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket
(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt
(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run
(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The problem is that you can' t predict when this exception is raised. I have
read some posts about this problem, but I can't find a suitable solution to my
problem (because sometimes I am not making deletion of nodes, I am just clicking
on a link that has nothing to do with the tree2 component and the exception is
still raised). Is there a proper way to use that component? Is this a bug?
Should I use myfaces 1.1.0 instead? (I am planning to).
Well, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks