Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by se...@free.fr on 2006/03/13 07:59:32 UTC

Timestamp issue

I'm following on my Oracle 9 issue where a timestamp-datatype column is seen as
an "OTHER"-datatype.
As advised, I've tried with the very last version of Oracle JDBC driver and it
didn't solve it.
Any idea how I could debug that ? Has anyone already encountered that issue ?

--
Seb

Re: Timestamp issue

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 3/13/06, Sebastien Arbogast <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, when configuring native mappings, it would be cool to be
> able to add template-based mappings like :
> PlatformInfo.addNativeMapping(Types.OTHER, "TIMESTAMP(*)", Types.TIMESTAMP);
>
> Wouldn't it be possible ?

I refrained from adding this because it cannot currently be read back
by DdlUtils (because of the issue we discussed earlier). But you could
add an issue outlining the problem with TIMESTAMP with size
specification where you add this wish.

cheers,
Tom

Re: Timestamp issue

Posted by Sebastien Arbogast <se...@gmail.com>.
> > Actually, I've double-checked my DDL scripts and you were right : TINESTAMP were
> > actually TIMESTAMP(3). So I updated my DDL scripts to really create TIMESTAMP's
> > but than in the created database, I still have TIMESTAMP(6) because according
> > to this document (http://www.ss64.com/orasyntax/datatypes.html), 6 is the
> > default value for TIMESTAMP parameter.
> > I'll have to find a way to associate any parameterized TIMESTAMP to be
> > recognized as a TIMESTAMP.
>
> I've read a bit, and there may be a possiblity to get more info via
> Oracle's JDBC driver impl. I'll check that.

Actually, when configuring native mappings, it would be cool to be
able to add template-based mappings like :
PlatformInfo.addNativeMapping(Types.OTHER, "TIMESTAMP(*)", Types.TIMESTAMP);

Wouldn't it be possible ?

--
Sébastien Arbogast

Blog : http://www.sebastien-arbogast.com