Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ryan Winkler <Ry...@i-link.net> on 2001/05/08 00:05:31 UTC

method 'sayHelloTo' is not supported

It would seem as though SOAP isn't finding my server-side code.  I am
generating the fault code "SOAP-ENV:Server" with the fault string: "Method
'sayHelloTo' is not supported."

I have located the code (HelloServer.class) to the following locations:
<soapcontext>/WEB-INF/classes/hello/HelloServer.class
<soapcontext>/hello/HelloServer.class
<soapcontext>/HelloServer.class

Is there a special directory I need to put it in?  Thanks,

-Ryan

Re: method 'sayHelloTo' is not supported

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.
At 04:05 PM 5/7/2001 -0600, Ryan Winkler wrote:
>It would seem as though SOAP isn't finding my server-side code.  I am
>generating the fault code "SOAP-ENV:Server" with the fault string: "Method
>'sayHelloTo' is not supported."

that message is coming from RPCJavaProvider after testing RPCRouter.validCall,
which just looks at the DeploymentDescriptor.getMethods(); thus in the
calculator/DeploymentDescriptor.xml you have
>   <isd:provider type="script"
>                 scope="Application"
>                 methods="plus minus times divide">
and those four are the methods which will be accepted by "validCall" (the
test is case-sensitive, of course) they're also the four which will be
reported by soap/admin, so check on your service deployment. Good luck..

Tom Myers

Re: method 'sayHelloTo' is not supported

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.