Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by vizion communication <vi...@ixpres.com> on 2003/04/01 22:04:01 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL - FrontPage Extension woes - please help is you can

System FreeBSD 4.7
Apache 2.0.44
Frontpage Extensions 2002

As some of you may have gathered from other posts to the
list I have so far not been successful in getting FrontPage
extensions working on this server.

When I try to log onto the admin pages I get access refused
rather than the logon/password dialogue.

There is the following entry in my apache log file:

[warn] init: Session Cache is not configured [hint:
SSLSessionCache]
[notice] Apache/2.0.44 (Unix) Dav/2 Frontpage/5.0.2.2626
mod_ssl/2.0.44 OpenSSL/0.9.6g configured -- resuming normal
operations

When an attempt to log into the admin pages I get the
following log entry:
[error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Directory Index forbidden by
rule: /usr/local/frontpage/admin

Note -- there is no admin-exec directory in my
/usr/local/frontpage/ directory although I see the frontpage
c source files contain reference to an admin-exec directory.
Does anyoneone know if the this is an error in the source
files or whether there is some error in my setup which is
causing this issue.

David