Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by andrew lee <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/04 03:29:11 UTC

Fwd: How to find and replace text in pdf report

Hi;
I have a pdf report as per attached file. It contains the following text.
Account Number: 0123456789
[First Name]
[Last Name]
[Address]

Using PDFBOX, can I read the Account Number value "0123456789" so that i
can cross check with my oracle database, select out the First Name, Last
Name and Address and finally fill it into the marker [First Name], [Last
Name] & [Address] in the PDF file.  Btw i was told that i will be given an
editable pdf report. also

Kindly advice. tq

Re: How to find and replace text in pdf report

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
Hi

This has been an open issue for almost a decade, PDFBOX-73.

It’s a surprisingly difficult feature to add because PDF fonts are so complex, and
many would simply not be able to support find/replace, even though it’s such a
simple concept.

Your attachment was removed by our mailing list, but you can attach your file to
PDFBOX-73 using “More > Attach” on JIRA. I can take a look and maybe offer
some advice.

-- John