Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2016/04/14 14:53:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Knox v0.9.0

All -

A new candidate (rc4) for the Apache Knox 0.9.0 release is available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/knox/knox-0.9.0/

The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/knox.git
Branch v0.9.0 (git checkout -b v0.9.0)

The KEYS file for signature validation is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/knox/KEYS

The driving usecases for the 0.9.0 release have been defined as the
following:
1. SSO participation by applications like Ranger and Ambari while being
proxied through the gateway.
2. Authentication natively done by Ranger and Ambari applications while
being proxied through Knox.
3. the usecase of a custom application like the Knoxplorer sample can now
be hosted by Knox and this needs to be covered and tested with KnoxSSO.
4. Default Knox authentication with form based application as KnoxSSO IDP.
5. any additional API support and various features and improvements.

For testing KnoxSSO for Ambari with Default IDP (form-based authentication):
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KNOX/Ambari+via+KnoxSSO+and+Default+IDP

For testing new applications that are hosted on Knox and consuming Hadoop
REST APIs with KnoxSSO:
https://github.com/lmccay/knoxplorer2

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Knox 0.9.0.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 Apache Knox PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Knox 0.9.0

thanks,

--larry

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Knox v0.9.0

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Here are my official results as well:

+1

* Verified signatures
* Build the project from branch source and ran unit tests
* Ran curl examples from the user guide for WebHDFS, WebHCat, Oozie, HBase
and Yarn
* Ran a sample Java client code for JDBC driver based HiveServer2 access

* Basic testing of Ambari proxy UI
* Basic testing of Ranger proxy UI

Sumit.

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.