Posted to dev@crail.apache.org by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch> on 2018/10/22 13:27:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc2]

Hi all,

This is a call for a vote on releasing Apache Crail 1.1-incubating, release
candidate rc2.

The source and binary tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/crail/1.1-rc2/

The commit to be voted upon:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-crail.git;a=commit;h=2b75c4c47e2491c860079e1be985b6767f226061

The Nexus Staging URL:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrail-1001/

Release artifacts are signed with the key AA557B11:
https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/crail/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release, see:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-crail.git;a=blob;f=HISTORY.md;h=86e1b5a39d3a13f1cca2621677057763fdf9ac96;hb=2b75c4c47e2491c860079e1be985b6767f226061
or for better readability
https://github.com/apache/incubator-crail/blob/v1.1-rc2/HISTORY.md

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Crail 1.1-incubating

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Crail 1.1-incubating
[ ] +0 no opinion

Jonas

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc2]

Posted by Animesh Trivedi <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jonas for preparing this release:

- checked checksum (binary and source)
- checked signature (binary and source)
- rat check on source
- built from source

+1 from my side.

Cheers,
--
Animesh

Posted by Patrick Stuedi <ps...@gmail.com>.
checksum and signatures checked. builds from source.

+1

Thanks Jonas and Animesh for preparing the release.

-Patrick

Posted by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch>.
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 21:13:53 -0700
  Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> wrote:

> Regarding binary artifacts. I really don’t know how to review them.
>I started a discussion thread on general@incubator[1].
>
>> I don't think it is feasible to put license headers in each rst
>>file. I checked multiple other projects
>> and non of them do this, that is why I excluded the doc directory.
>
> CouchDB uses the “..” syntax. See [2].

Ok. We will add the license to all the rst files and revert the rat
excludes.

>> We switched to the Apache parent pom for the release and have not
>>figured out yet how to fix the naming and some other issues, but we
>>have opened a JIRA to investigate:
>>https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/CRAIL/issues/CRAIL-56
>

> We solved this one in Calcite. I’ve added comments to the JIRA case.

Thanks, we will take a look and implement the changes for the next rc.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ceb357513ff0403414b5fff7dbeb1ea43961e71f9e48425d6e3cea8f@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ceb357513ff0403414b5fff7dbeb1ea43961e71f9e48425d6e3cea8f@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E>

[2] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/couchdb-documentation/master/src/intro/why.rst <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/couchdb-documentation/master/src/intro/why.rst>

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc2]

Posted by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch>.
All,

I'm canceling the vote for Apache Crail 1.1-incubating release candidate 2,
due to found issues (see below).
I will prepare a new release candidate.

Regards,
Jonas

Posted by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch>.
Hi Julian,

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/7c3dc2c6ea1d2ac2550b7b6937d4f29965f0eb418bb92e296556df9e@%3Cdev.crail.apache.org%3E <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/7c3dc2c6ea1d2ac2550b7b6937d4f29965f0eb418bb92e296556df9e@%3Cdev.crail.apache.org%3E>

Posted by bernard metzler <bm...@gmx.ch>.
Hi Jonas,