Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sandeep G <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/13 07:06:56 UTC

Can we put delay between threads?

Hi All,
We can put delay in between samplers.Can we put delay in between threads?
i mean i have a test plan consists 5 samplers with 10 users.I need to run my
Testplan like follows
All samplers should run with first user,after that All samplers should run
with second user and so on...

Thanks in Advance,
Sandeep.

Re: Can we put delay between threads?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13/10/2008, Sandeep G <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>  We can put delay in between samplers.Can we put delay in between threads?

That's what the ramp-up delay is for. Set it so that the second thread
starts afte the first has finished.

>  i mean i have a test plan consists 5 samplers with 10 users.I need to run my
>  Testplan like follows
>  All samplers should run with first user,after that All samplers should run
>  with second user and so on...

I would probably use a single thread, and run the thread for each user
in turn by reading the user name from CSV Dataset.

Thread Group threads=1, loops=number of users
+ CSV Data set (Stop on EOF)
+ Sampler 1
+ Sampler 2